Wednesday, July 13, 2011

College Housing Question?

I guess I'll preface this by saying that I got accepted at CSU (Colorado State University) as an incoming Computer Information Systems major. I live in Fort Collins, CO which is in the same city as the campus. Basically, I live 10 minutes away from the heart of campus. What I'm debating is whether I continue to live at home freshman year to save money or live in the dorms. I can be sociable and have a lot of friends but I also really need privacy. I can't imagine studying for a massive mid-term or final and having some idiot room-mate distracting me. So this got me interested into looking at single dorms. They range anywhere from $4000-5000 per semester. This would equivocate to approx. $32,000 at the least for housing alone for 4 years of college. I know dorms are important for the college way of life aspect, but is it really worth that much? Especially considering i'll be relying on student loans to fund my college education? Thanks in advance for any input.

No comments:

Post a Comment