Friday, July 8, 2011

What are the chances of getting my scholarship back if my GPA falls below the required minimum? PLEASE HELP!!!?

Just recently, I have gotten the letter from my school about my scholarship pertaining to this year's academic performance. I go to a public school in the state of MD. I have received this scholarship since beginning of my freshman year and this would be my last year. This is the Dean Scholarship which is 3k a year for four years. They just sent a letter that my GPA has been revoked and discontinued. But I can send a letter of appeal by JULY 15TH 2011. They require form of documentation to justify that why I did not maintain it. I moved off campus this year which was different for me and I was sick during the last semester. But I did not go to the doctor for documentations. The only time I did go was when my fever went down by alot but I was still feeling sick, but it was not hot enough to stay of the university health services. What can be convincing to support me in order to get my schlorship back? This means alot to me since, it is a big amount of money. I did poorly in school and that is why re-taking some classes at a community college to re-learn the material. The school required a GPA of 3.0, and my GPA is at 2.8 right now. It seems so close yet not close enough. I also need a grade change because one of my professor lost my exam and she is willing to change my grade from a C to a B. I believe two of my professors can write me a written letter that I have done well in their class and tell them I am a good standing student. I dropped this class because I came to this class late in the semester and I kept going for extra help, but during spring break, I got sick again and there was no way for me to catch up. She know that I have been coming to class every time. Should I ask her, is that a legitimate documentation? Also I have email confirmation that I wrote to one of my math professors that I was sick that time and could not make it to class. There is so much on the line foe me because I might not get HOUSING again...PLEASE HELP ME AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. Thank you so much for your time and effort to read my piece of mind that is driving me absolutely nuts right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment